When creating or editing a membership level, you can set the additional settings for the membership level under the Additional Settings tab. The Additional Settings Tab has several options you can set including:
- Registration Date Reset. In some cases, a member may “re-register” to a level. If this happens and these options are turned on, the registration date of that member will be reset to the date of the new registration (for that specific membership level). This affects any registration-based settings in WishList Member. For example, Sequential Upgrade and Expiration Options.
- Redirects. This section contains various scenarios in which a member might be redirected including after registration, after login, after logout and when clicking certain links in the WishList Member login widget.
- User Role. This is the WordPress user role a member will be assigned when registering to this level.
Please Note: If an existing Member with a different WordPress Role joins/is added to the Membership Level, they will retain their original WordPress Role. A Member can be a part of multiple Membership Levels but they can only have one WordPress Role at a time.
If an existing Member joins or is placed into another Membership Level that has a different WordPress Role than their previous Membership Level, the Member will retain their original WordPress Role unless their account is manually updated. (More details in the WordPress Roles and Membership Levels Knowledge Base article)
Start by selecting the Registration Date Reset option. You can set two options:
- For Expired Level. If you’ve set this level to expire on a specific date or after a set period of time (in the Access tab), those settings will come into play here. If a member previously registered to this level and passed the specified expiration date or time period, they will be considered “expired” from the level. However, with this option turned on, if they re-register to this level, it will reset their registration date and thus, restart the “clock” in terms of tracking their expiration to this level.
- For Active Level. This will generally apply to members who previously joined a paid membership level and then cancelled. If they re-register to the level, their registration date will be reset, thus resetting any Sequential Upgrade or Expiration Options.
Next, select your Redirects options. You can set the following options:
- Custom After Registration Redirect. This is the page members will be redirected to after they register to this membership level.
- Custom After Login Redirect. This is the page members will see after they login when they belong to this level.
- Custom After Logout Redirect. This is the page members will see after they logout when they belong to this level.
For each of these options, you can select the Configure button and choose between the following options:
- Message. If you select this option, WishList Member will auto-generate the page, but insert your custom message. You can edit the text for that message here.
- Page. If you select this option, WishList Member will redirect the member to this page. You can select or create the page here.
- URL. If you select this option, WishList Member will redirect the member to this URL. This can be any URL inside or outside your membership site. You can set that URL here.
Finally, set the Member Role a member should be given when added to this level. This includes the default WordPress user roles, and potential custom roles that may be added by other plugins. You can learn more about WordPress roles here.