To edit how passwords are handled in WishList Member, navigate to the Advanced Options menu inside WishList Member. Then, select the “Passwords” sub-menu.
You can set the following options:
- Minimum Password Length. The minimum number of characters a member’s password must contain. This affects both registrations AND imports.
- Require Strong Passwords. If turned on, WishList Member will require a stricter set of criteria for passwords.
- Enable Password Hinting. If turned on, members will be able to set and retrieve a hint about their password. If enabled, click the “Edit” button to configure the Password Hint retrieval email.
- Allow WishList Member to Handle Retrieve Passwords. If turned on, WishList Member will take over the “Lost Password” functionality from WordPress. If enabled, click the “Edit” button to configure the Lost Password email.
- Enable Passwords in Administrator Emails. User passwords are included in email notifications sent to the Admin if this setting is enabled. Please be aware this poses a potential security risk as noted in the warning message that appears when this setting is enabled.