To set up the PayPal Checkout integration with WishList Member, navigate to the Setup Menu and Integrations sub-menu:
Select “PayPal Checkout” from the list of Payment Provider integrations:
To use PayPal Checkout, you will need PayPal Business or Premier account You’ll find instructions on how to upgrade your personal account at this link:
Click the “Configure” button:
Enter your PayPal API username, password and signature. You can find this information by clicking the link provided:
That link will take you to a page on PayPal where you will find your API credentials:
Copy and paste your credentials into WishList Member. Then, click on the “Products” tab:
Then, click the “Add New Product” button:
Here, you can edit the details of your membership:
Set the name of the Product and the Membership Level it will have access to. Then, select whether it will be a One-Time Payment or Subscription. For One-Time Payments set the Amount the membership will cost and the currency:
For a Subscription, you can set the following options:
- Billing Cycle. How often to charge members.
- Stop After. When to stop charging members. For unlimited, ongoing members, select “Never”. Otherwise, select the number of cycles.
- Max Failed Attempts. How many times PayPal should attempt to charge a member’s credit card before cancelling their membership.
If you’d like to offer a trial, click the Trial Period checkbox and set the following options:
- Trial Amount. How much to charge for the trial.
- Trial Duration. How long the trial should last before implementing the regular billing cycle.
Then, select the “Save and Close” button.
Next, select the “Cancellations” tab:
Here you can set how cancellations are handled for each membership level:
- Cancel Membership at End of PayPal Subscription. The Membership Level will remain active until the end of the PayPal subscription.
- Cancel Membership Immediately After PayPal Subscription is Cancelled. The Membership Level will immediately be cancelled in WishList Member when the subscription is cancelled within PayPal.
Next, Add a New WordPress page or post OR editing an existing one that you will use as the sale page for your membership:
Write your sales page accordingly and to insert a “purchase” button use the WishList Member Shortcode Inserter. Select “Integrations” and then “PayPal Checkout Integration:
Select the Product you just created, the type of button you’d like to use and the size of the button. Then, click the “Insert Mergecode” button:
This will insert the necessary shortcode into your page/post:
This will insert the purchase button into your page/post:
Now, when a new member clicks the purchase button, they’ll be taken to a page on PayPal where they can complete their purchase:
Once a member hasn’t completed their purchase on PayPal, they will be redirected to the WishList Member registration form:
After registering on this page, your member will be taken to the “After Registration” page set in the Level settings and have access to their membership content.