WishList Member includes a Language Pack which can be used for translation.
Below are the steps needed to translate WishList Member:
Translating WishList Member
I. Create the Language File
1. Download the Translation Editor from Poedit (https://poedit.net)
2. Download the file lang/wishlist-member-en_US.po from the wishlist-member plugin folder of your site.
3) Open the wishlist-member-en_US.po file in the Poedit Translation Editor.
4. Click File > Save As and change en_US to your language. (example: wishlist-member-de_DE.po for German)
5. Translate the text.
6. Click File > Save
This generates the correct .po and .mo files for your language.
II. Set WordPress to use your Language File
1. Upload translated .po and .mo file back to the lang folder in the wishlist-member plugin for your site.
2. Set the language in WordPress options.
You can translate or change words, sentences or messages, by using Poedit.
It is easier to search for a specific word within a sentence when looking to translate a full sentence.
After a translation has been completed, the site Admin needs to upload BOTH po and mo files to the WishList Member lang folder.
The translation will not work if just the po file is uploaded. The po file is for Poedit when translating WishList Member and the mo file is for WordPress to use the translated words.
Poedit automatically updates the mo file when a site admin edits the po file.
This all confirms the site Admin needs to upload BOTH po and mo files.